“Companionship” is a home care term that reflects on the needs of an independent patient as well as the qualifications of the Aide.
Thus, the Companion/Aide typically assists with the following tasks:
- Preparing meals
- Light housekeeping
- Assess blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory systems
- Monitors medication regime
- Monitors nutrition, hydration, bowel/bladder functions
- Wound care – dressing changes
- Catheter care/changes – urethral
- Colostomy care
- Accompanies individual on walks
- Prepare meals
- Performs the day-to-day cleaning and laundry
- Light house keeping
- Companion/sitter – Live In
- Run errands – Take to Doctors Appointments
- Skilled nursing evaluations and follow up supervisory visits
- Personal care
- Companion and sitter services
Personal Care Assignments
Personal Care is a home care term frequently used to reflect the patient’s needs for hands-on assistance. Such assistance may be for feeding tasks, for example, or for ambulating, medication reminders, incontinence, oxygen dependency, and other.
Our staff is dedicated to help with all the above listed tasks that a Companion/Aide typically performs, in addition to providing the personal or hands-on care.
Amicasa Hospice & Home Care trained and credentialed personnel include Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Registered Nurses (RNs). For personal care assignments, an Amicasa Hospice & Home Care RN heads a team of compassionate and closely supervised CNA caregivers to deal with all ADLs (activities of daily living), including personal care.